Ofgem has announced a shortlist of five bidders competing to own and run the £230 million transmission link to the Burbo Bank Extension offshore wind farm, situated in the Bay of Liverpool.
Ofgem will appoint the Offshore Transmission Owner (OFTO) for this project, which will receive a guaranteed revenue stream for 20 years under the terms of their licence, subject to availability of the assets, Ofgem explained.
The following bidders have been shortlisted:
– Balfour Beatty Equitix Consortium (a consortium comprising Balfour Beatty Investments Ltd and Equitix Ltd),
– Dalmore Capital Limited (acting in its capacity as manager of the PPP Equity PIP LP),
– Diamond Transmission Partners (consortium comprising Mitsubishi Corporation and HICL Infrastructure Company Ltd),
– Mari Energy Transmission (consortium comprising Macquarie Corporate Holdings Pty Ltd and Frontier Power Ltd),
– Transmission Capital Partners (consortium comprising International Public Partnerships Ltd and Transmission Capital Partners Ltd Partnership).
Ofgem expects to announce details of the preferred bidder for the Burbo Bank Extension project in April 2017.