Advent Plans Sydney Basin Shoot in Q3

Advent Energy has submitted an environment plan (EP) to the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environment Management Authority (NOPSEMA) for the planned 2D seismic survey in PEP 11, offshore .

Advent assumed operatorship of PEP11 in 2008. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Asset Energy, the company holds interest of 85% in PEP 11, while Bounty Oil and Gas holds the remaining 15%.

The EP, submitted by Asset Energy, is the critical documentation necessary to be submitted to NOPSEMA to allow the seismic survey to proceed in PEP 11.

Time frames to approval for seismic surveys averaged 125 days in 2016. However, through the noise modelling and stakeholder consultation undertaken to date, Asset Energy is said to be confident that its proposed seismic survey is of very low impact compared to other seismic surveys considered by NOPSEMA, and therefore optimistic that a shorter time frame to approval will be achieved.

Asset Energy is anticipating to start its seismic campaign during third quarter 2017. It is expected that campaign will run for three to four days, and take place predominantly approximately 30 kilometers south east of Newcastle.

The survey will acquire 2D seismic data over the Baleen prospect, and will evaluate (amongst other things) shallow geohazard indications including shallow gas accumulations that can affect future potential drilling operations.

Share this article

Follow Subsea World News

Events>

<< Jul 2017 >>
MTWTFSS
26 27 28 29 30 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Kuwait Oil & Gas Show

Kuwait Oil & Gas Show is the Kuwait International Fair Ground in Kuwait City, Kuwait. This event showcases product from Chemicals & Dyes, Electronics & Electrical Goods, Hand, Machine & Garden Tools, Petroleum, Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy industries. More info

read more >

SPE Offshore Europe 2017

Attending SPE Offshore Europe, recognised by offshore E&P professionals as Europe’s leading E&P exhibition and conference, will ensure…

read more >

Offshore Site Investigation & Geotechnics Committee 8th International Conference “Smarter Solutions for Future Offshore Developments”

The conference series, which has run since 1979, offers a unique opportunity for geotechnical engineers, geoscientists and academics…

read more >

Oil & Gas Indonesia 2017

Oil & Gas Indonesia (OGI) is an exhibition focused on Oil and Gas Exploration, Production and Refining and showcases the largest exhibition…

read more >