The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) will hold a Competence and Training Seminar in Aberdeen on Wednesday September 2, 2015.
It is aimed at competence and training (C&T) representatives and their offshore personnel as well as oil company representatives and providers of C&T solutions.
Members and other interested parties can attend the full day event free-of-charge, but need to register at IMCA’s website.
“Competence & Training is an IMCA core activity, and the our competence assurance and assessment guidance provides members with a framework for creating their own in-house schemes for assessing and recording the competence of people working in safety-critical and other roles,” explains Jane Bugler, the association’s Technical Director and Acting Chief Executive.
First speaker on the day will be industry consultant Gavin Smith, IMCA’s C&T Core Committee Chairman, followed by presentations:
– Competence assessment and its impact on loss prevention: a P&I club perspective (Louise Hall, Shipowners Club);
– Identifying and removing barriers to education and training: Merchant Navy Training Board (MNTB) (Captain Kevin Slade, MNTB Chairman);
– Development and implementation of competence management systems: a contractor case study (Bibby Offshore);
– Accreditation of company competence management systems: presentation followed by group exercise (Neil Evans, IMCA);
– Knowledge transfer partnerships (KTPs) (University of Aberdeen and Solutions Aberdeen).
– Industry and academia working in partnership (Rulzion Rattray, Oil and Gas Academy Scotland (OGAS));
– A professional qualification route for offshore surveyors (The Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES));
– Offshore Survey HND course outline (David Whitcombe, Shell Global Solutions BV & Andy McNeil, Fugro Subsea Services Ltd);
– Using IMCA’s framework to demonstrate competence of freelance and contract workers: presentation followed by group discussion session (Andrew Blears, Atlas Professionals), before Neil Evans gives a summary of the day.