WesternGeco Wraps Up Orinduik Survey for Tullow and Eco Atlantic

Eco Atlantic and its operating partner Tullow have completed an approximate 2,500 km2 3D seismic survey on the Orinduik block offshore the Republic of Guyana.

The 3D survey was conducted by Schlumberger Guyana (WesternGeco) and has now been completed successfully and on schedule, Eco Atlantic noted.

Eco Atlantic holds a 40% working interest in Orinduik, and Tullow, the operator, holds the remaining 60%.

The Orinduik block is located up dip and just a few kilometers from Exxon’s recent Liza and Payara discoveries confirming, by Exxon’s estimates between 2.25 and 2.75 billion barrels of recoverable oil.

The partners will now begin the processing and interpretation of the data.

Colin Kinley, CEO and co-founder of Eco Atlantic, said: “I am happy to announce the successful completion of this 3D survey with essentially no technical down time or weather standby, we have had stable seas throughout the survey and full serviceability from the vessel providing us continuous acquisition of high resolution data. Our next immediate steps are to begin processing the data which we will do this fall and the parallel interpretation. Our goal is to evaluate and de-risk our existing leads to better define the reservoir characteristics and define potential drilling targets.”

Share this article

Follow Subsea World News

Events>

<< Apr 2018 >>
MTWTFSS
26 27 28 29 30 31 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 1 2 3 4 5 6

Research & Development Petroleum Conference & Exhibition 2018

This event fosters closer collaboration across the oil and gas industry, technology innovators…

read more >

Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas and Energy Conference and Exhibition (MMEC 2018)

MMEC 2018 will continue to showcase and explore developments in our country’s thriving Oil & Gas, Mining and Energy sectors and to also focus…

read more >

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) 2018

The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific…

read more >

9th SCADA World Summit 2018

The 4-day conference event’s key highlights will include case studies from leading energy & utilities companies, interactive discussions…

read more >