Norwegian industry initiative GCE Ocean Technology (GCE Subsea) has become a member of the Norwegian Forum for Marine Minerals (NMM).
The membership, among other things, should enable GCE to contribute to strengthening the Norwegian environment’s international contacts and influence in the field of marine minerals.
NMM is an association of industry and research actors who work together to develop knowledge and expertise and a Norwegian industry aimed at sustainable and responsible exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources.
GCE Ocean Technology was one of the initiators of establishing NMM as a national interest organisation and advisory body for the industry and the Norwegian authorities. Moreover, GCE sits on the board together with Equinor, TechnipFMC, Swire Seabed, DNV GL, NTNU Trondheim and University of Bergen, who are all members or partners of GCE Ocean Technology.
The forum’s goal is to:
- Strengthen cooperation between industry, trade and research environments, authorities and other organisations;
- Become an industry organisation for all relevant actors in the field of marine minerals;
- Contribute to developing common Norwegian strategies for sustainable exploration and extraction of marine mineral resources;
- Be a national mouthpiece for the extraction of marine minerals;
- Strenghten the Norwegian environment’s international contact and influence in the field of marine minerals.