Searcher in Newgrange Shoot Off Ireland

Providence Resources, an operator of the Newgrange Licence, and its partner Sosina have agreed to licence a total of 1,200 km2 of data that Searcher Seismic will acquire offshore south-western Ireland.

Searcher plans to acquire multi-client 3D seismic in summer 2016.

The Newgrange Licence, which is situated in c. 1,000 m water depth, is located in Frontier Exploration Licence (FEL) 6/14 around 260 km off the south-west coast of Ireland.

John O’Sullivan, Technical Director of Providence, said: “Providence’s cornerstone involvement has been integral in allowing Searcher to plan such a regionally extensive 3D seismic acquisition programme. We expect, should this survey proceed as planned, that these new high resolution 3D data over our Newgrange prospect will confirm the potential within the Cretaceous section, which had been identified through the previous 2D seismic and facilitate future planning for the prospect. These new data should also allow us to evaluate the potential in the underlying vertically stacked Jurassic, where significant addition exploration prospectivity has also been identified.”

Providence holds 80 percent interest in the Licence with its partner Sosina holding the rest 20 percent.

Share this article

Follow Subsea World News

Events>

<< Oct 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
30 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3

6th Offshore Well Intervention Conference Gulf of Mexico

The Offshore Well Intervention Gulf of Mexico conference (OWI GOM) is returning to Houston, Texas for its sixth year on Wednesday 20 – Thursday 21 November.

Featuring Anadarko, BP, Shell, Chevron, BHGE and Oceaneering, the conference aims to help operators transition to the latest compliance updates, WI systems and business models that enhance safety, quicken well access and improve commerciality.

Across two days, more than 200 delegates, 15 exhibitors and 30 speakers will network together and create solutions to some of the most pertinent industry challenges right now, through a conference programme focused on:

  1. Clarifying compliance updates
  2. Quicker well access and safer well control
  3. ​Understanding HPHT well intervention (systems)
  4. Forecasting well intervention activity, discussing new commercial models and comparing platform options
  5. Best practice riserless well intervention
  6. ​The latest well intervention equipment

For registration, speaking or sponsorship enquiries contact Abigail Clifton on aclifton@offsnet.com; +44 (0) 203 793 8800.

More info

read more >

OCEANS 2019

OCEANS is the bi-annual event for global marine technologists, engineers, students…

read more >

OTC Brasil

The conference is organized by the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) and Brazilian Petroleum…

read more >

Europort 2019

Europort, organised in the world port city of Rotterdam, will be the leading exhibition for special purpose vessels…

read more >