SEFT Ship Design, located near the Tuzla Shipyard Region in TEKNOPARK-Istanbul, has released a video of a recent ,RATSHIP 2000 design AKIN (KURYED-2), ship launching ceremony.
RATSHIP is a dedicated submarine rescue intervention ship to perform subsea and surface search and rescue missions, open sea towing operations and fire fighting in various sea conditions.
She conforms to naval norms, standards and classification rules to its unique design and is equipped with a twin controlled pitch propeller (CPP) system, aft and bow tunnel thrusters and a retractable thruster which allows high maneuverability and position keeping capability.
RATSHIP 2000 has a maximum continuous speed of 18 knots and an endurance range of 4500 nautical miles at an economical speed of 14 knots for the following roles :
– Towed Side Scan Sonar (TSSS) operations;
– Detecting the distressed submarine;
– Providing life support to the crew including ELSS pod posting;
– External ventilation (up to 600 m. depth);
– Treating diving diseases with post modern decompression/recompression pressure chambers and extensive hospital facilities;
– Atmospheric Diving Suit (ADS) operations;
– Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV) operations.